Thursday 9 January 2014

5:2 Diet, well sort of!

Sometime last year me and the husband started doing the 5:2 diet. We both fasted on the same days, which was easy for us both. I found it okay and kinda got used to the fast days, drinking plenty of tea/coffee/water helps! Hubby lost quite a lot of weight but I lost it a little slower.

About October time I decided to try fasting for 3 days instead of 2. This worked fine and it didn't really bother me. I had a few bad days where I had bad shakes and didn't feel great, but this tends to happen maybe once a month.

I suffer from terrible, terrible period pains and I found the fasting really helped with that. I've been to the docs so many times and I refuse to take the pills they have on offer (stubborn). I had previously tried the Atkins diet, which is quite difficult if you are LI even with eating cheese! I found this really made a big difference and didn't have any problems whatsoever: cramps, mood swings, messy hormones and general feeling like crap. Haha most of the time I forgot I had a period at all! One thing led to another and my lactose intolerance was too much of a barrier for that diet.

I stopped for two weeks during Christmas, fatal! So over the festive period I decided to try one day fast, one day normal, one day fast and so on. Just to see how I get on. I guess I'm playing about a little with it. If I'm not that keen on it then I can always go back to 5:2. I work nightshift and find this can be a bit of a pain, but I get around it.

So we'll see how I get on with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment