Friday 16 March 2012

Reading the ingredients

Do you always read the ingredients or do you quickly look at the 'Allergy Advice' section?

I always read the ingredients and don't really think it's a waste of time. I've spoken to people in the past and they never seem to read what's in the food they are buying! I think that's mad, but maybe they are lucky enough not to have any dietary needs! Also people may not have the time either, as we all lead busy lives these days!

Another reason I read the ingredients is I like to know what E Numbers and sweeteners are in my food as there are a good few I cannot take because they give me really bad headaches, probably even worse than the lactose headaches! I've noticed recently (probably last 5 months or so) some food manufactures seem to have stopped using Aspartame as a sweetener and using Sucralose instead. I hardly take sucralose, but have noticed no ill effects, unlike the horrible Aspartame and Acesulfame K.

No comments:

Post a Comment