Sunday 18 March 2012

Tea and Coffee Machines

We have these combined Tea and Coffee machines at work. They provide all sorts of fancy coffees, white or black tea and hot water. I always used to take my own mug and tea bags in to work (don't ask!) and use the hot water in the machine. And every few days out of the week I'd be quite ill and display the symptoms of having taken lactose. So I had to stop using them as this wasn't on :-( I now take a flask of tea in with me and since then, never been ill!

So I reckon those times I was ill, the milk somehow must have been mixed in with the water? I'm not sure how that would have happened as the hot water pipe was separate from the main pipe - who knows?

I also noticed they have replaced the older machines with new machines that seem to have only one pipe! So glad I take my own tea in. Must look a right plonker! Tired of explaining to people why I have to bring it in! Do you find that people without dietary needs are often quite ignorant about these matters? It's frustrating trying to explain what lactose intolerance is!

I also never use these type of machines when I'm out and about. Better safe than ill!

No comments:

Post a Comment